Saturday, January 19, 2008

Finally, a decent night for a ride!

Fair -6°F (-21°C)
Humidity:61 %
Wind Speed:W 8 MPH
Barometer:30.32" (1029.5 mb)
Dewpoint:-16°F (-27°C)
Wind Chill:-21°F (-29°C)
Visibility:10.00 mi.
I haven't been riding much. It's a side effect of becoming a full-time commuter since I am between assignments. No work, no commute, no riding. I have the gear and know-how to ride in almost anything so when cabin fever hit me this afternoon, I knew I would have to ride. I had an errand to run and took the bus/train and watched all kinds of folks out enjoying the sunny (high of -3F) day on two wheels. Including the fixie who couldn't get his bike on the bus rack, apparently frozen in place, so the driver had him just bring it in. I rode the loop this evening and was as comfortable as any spring evening ride, well except for the mummy effect resulting from many layers. Maybe I am becoming a Bike Punk...

No comments:

Post a Comment