Saturday, September 9, 2006

Circle of life

As life rolls forward many changes come along. Dealing with the change is always a challenge but losing my beautiful Quincy was really hard. I did, however, get some relief from writing his eulogy: We all get exactly one lap around the circle of life and no one knows how long our race will run or how big our circle will be. Today Quincy crossed the finish line and is trotting happily across the rainbow bridge, free from the burden his body had become. He adopted me in May of 1994 and raised me with patience and unbounded cheerfulness, always willing to try it again. Perhaps this time, I'm sure he was thinking, I would get it right. I don't know if I ever did but I do know that he never cared. He was a brilliant obedience dog and an enthusiastic agility partner. I didn't have a clue how close a bond could exist between a dog and a person until he showed me that my life-long love of dogs prior to meeting him had just barely scratched the surface. I will forever remember his cheerful enthusiasm and miss having him at my side for even longer than that. Dearest Quincy, The hole in my heart seems infinite just now but the pawprint you left on my soul is even bigger. I look forward to the joy of your memory replacing the pain of your passing and thank you for every single moment you gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment