Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's hard to say how to start a new life or when it might start. Sort of like figuring when your wheels start down a new road; they are always in contact with terra firma, well mostly, and at some point they were on one road and at another they’re on a new route. When did the change occur? Can you tell? Does it matter?

My life has been rich with many trails passing beneath my wheels, yet I don’t often know when the changes come. My professional life is all about planning but in my personal life I don’t signal my turns much in advance. Not so much as a lack of communicating my intentions but as a result of following the circuitous path of life’s butterfly as it wends it’s way cutting and dodging through the currents that appear.

Or perhaps my personal life is exclusively about planning and my turns aren’t really turns but course corrections back to the long range plan, my vision of life. Activities are transitory but philosophy is the guide to how activities are executed and what activities are engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment