Wednesday, February 18, 2009

7 Deadly Baiku

My response to Fat Lad's 3rd Riders Writing Circle:

The 7 Deadly Sins of Bikers and Cagers, based on the original 7 Cardinal Sins.

Lust (Latin, luxuria)

My bicycle lust

Leering at things I don't have

Serious wheel drool

Gluttony (Latin, gula)

I'll have another

Garage full, getting more too!

Do I need twelve bikes?

Greed (Latin, avaritia)

I must have still more

Have to have pretty precious

Yes I do, they're MINE!

Sloth (Latin, acedia)

But now which to choose?

Slumped in chair, I just sit there

Paralyzed, nap time

Wrath (Latin, ira)

No, dammit, no nap

Get your arse out there and ride

Don't make me make you!

Envy (Latin, invidia)

She dropped me again

Wish I could ride like she can

Yes, envious now

Pride (Latin, superbia)

Look at me, I'm good

Best I've been, better than you

Pride before the fall

No comments:

Post a Comment