Friday, November 14, 2008

34 degree night ride with 20-30 mph. wind.

34 degrees and falling, night ride, strong winds 20-30 mph.

Upper:

Merino t-shirt, Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 long sleeve, Ibex climawool shell. This was perfect for the conditions.

Hands:

Perl Izumi lobster ski gloves. This was a bit warm at the beginning but not bad for the return trip.

Lower:

Craft wind bib tights over regular cycling shorts. This combination was perfect.

Feet:

Light weight wool socks with Lake Winter boots. This was perfect until the very end when my toes started to get just a bit chilly.

Head:

Wore my down-hill ski helmet, light balaclava with my regular glasses since I didn’t take the time to put in my contacts which are required for the cycling glasses. This was also perfect.

Riding pace:

I’m guessing a 14-16 mph average. Stress relief ride at the end of a frustrating day. This was my first ride with both my new studded tires (Schwalbe Marathon Studs, 700c – 40) and I am even more impressed with how well they ride. Several miles were on crushed limestone and they rode like normal tires on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment